[LTP] LTP: readahead02 failed

Jan Stancek jstancek@redhat.com
Mon May 15 09:22:09 CEST 2017

----- Original Message -----
> Hi Team,
>
> readahead02 failed on HiKey board with below error message.
> 1. Any minimal limitation of Buffers size or Cached size should have
> to pass this test case ?  if yes we would change test logic to detect
> and skip test run.

Hi,

Your system appears to have plenty of memory for this test.

> 2. The first FAIL message is not giving enough information (*) there
> is a room for improvement here.

I pushed a patch to include errno code in failure message.

> 3.  strace output show Invalid argument for readahead()
>
> readahead(3, 0, 67108864)               = -1 EINVAL (Invalid argument)
> write(1, "readahead02    1  TFAIL  :  read"..., 100readahead02    1
> TFAIL  :  readahead02.c:86: unexpected failure - returned value = -1,
> expected: 0
> ) = 100
>
> The man page have explanation of EINVAL is
> EINVAL fd  does  not  refer  to a file type to which readahead() can be
> applied.

Have you run into this with any of previous kernels?

What filesystem is /tmp? Is it tmpfs?

Can you try with LTP tmpdir backed by different fs?
For example: env TMPDIR=/root/ ./readahead02

Regards,
Jan