[LTP] [RFC] Users of memory_hotplug/memtoy

Petr Vorel pvorel@suse.cz
Tue Oct 31 14:41:07 CET 2017

Hi there,

does anyone use memtoy from testcases/kernel/hotplug/memory_hotplug/ ?
Or know how to use it? Is it useful?

This was imported to LTP from linux foundation [1] long time ago.
The project then moved into github [2] but it hasn't been updated for 9 years.

I have some tiny fixes touching it in my patch-set "fix 32 bit cross-compilation"
[3] [4] [5] [6] [7], but as Cyril pointed out [8], we're not actually running it
so it's a question whether is useful (and we should run it) or delete whole directory.

Kind regards,
Petr

[1] http://devresources.linux-foundation.org/dev/hotplug/
[2] https://github.com/kosaki/memtoy