[LTP] Test case float_trigo Reading dsin error

Cyril Hrubis chrubis@suse.cz
Wed Sep 6 13:52:52 CEST 2017

Hi!
> what is the format of dsin and dtan files ? i.e how do they look like
> since they are binaries i have no clue for creating them.

No idea either, you would have to look into the source code that
prepares these in trigo/gen*.c

> i just had a look at the link here
> https://github.com/linux-test-project/ltp/tree/master/testcases/misc/math/float/trigo
>
> to be able to generate the data files "manually" , but such data files
> shall be generated automatically when running the ./float_trigo test
> cases itself. do you have an idea how so that happens ? and what is the
> destination directory of the generated files , since i checked
> /opt/ltp/testcases/bin but didn't find any data files generated there.

Looking into the source code the generators are called from main.c which
executes line composed as: ("cd %s; %s/%s %s", datadir, bin_path,
GENERATOR, bin_path) and the generators create files in $CWD and unless
there is a -D parameter passed to the test the datadir defaults to ".".
The runtest/math file does cd $LTPROOT/testcases/bin before it executes
the test so I guess that by default these files end up in the
/opt/ltp/testcases/bin/ directory. But all of that code is quite messy
so I may be as well wrong.