[LTP] Running syscall getcpu01 on aarm64 architecture.

Bharamshetti, Amar Amar.Bharamshetti@cavium.com
Tue Sep 12 11:08:04 CEST 2017

Dear all,

I have created patch for /kernel/syscalls/getcpu test case.

     Issues which I fixed and tested on kernel 4.10  :

  *   Currently test case checks if arch is _x86 or _i386 and skips the execution for other archs. Removing this conditional compilation to make it run on arm64 as well.

          -     Verified this on _86_64, aarch64 single node and aarch64 dual node systems. Works fine.

  *   Retrieving the correct node id for given cpu number. Currently its done for only _i386. Hence test suit fails for multiple node system other than _i386 arch machines.

          -    Verified this on _86_64, aarch64 single node and aarch64 dual node systems. Works fine.

  *   Removing unnecessary TCONF   "/sys not mounted or not a numa system. Assuming one node"  .

           -    Verified this on _86_64, aarch64 single node and aarch64 dual node systems. Works fine.

Please review the patch and let me know,  if I have missed anything or something is wrong.

Best Regards,

Amar