[LTP] LTP release and code freeze

Sandeep Patil sspatil@google.com
Tue Sep 19 20:26:18 CEST 2017

On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 10:48:49AM +0200, Cyril Hrubis wrote:
> Hi!
> We are getting closer to a release, here is the status as I see it.
>
> Blockers:
>
> * thp01 failing on newer kernels
>   - I'm waiting for v4 from Ritchie
>
> * utimensat01 failing on stable kernels
>   - That thread on ML is kind of stuck,
>     I guess that we will have to accept
>     both errors for some range of kernels
>

> Nice to have:
>
> * The clone09 patch to disable it on old kernels looks sane to me
>    - I will merge that one
>
> * CVE synchronization library
>    - depends if Ritchie can fix it fast enough
>
> * The .needs_rofs patchset looks good to me as well I guess that
>   it's safe enough to be included in the release as well

Yes, thanks for this. It unblocks a bunch of tests for us in Android.
I'll respond with a small list to your question in the patch thread.

> Is there anything else I've missing?

FWIW, I will work to merge the release and report any new, discovered
failures on Android and track to fix it post-release. If you want me (us) to
do the same on an -rc, let me know.

- ssp