[LTP] Should people be concerned if they run the tests on their work boxes and getting ltp in distributions.

shirish शिरीष shirishag75@gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 07:35:38 CET 2018

Dear all,

First of all thank you for making this series of tests and also some
of the documentation you have made. Please CC me as I have disabled
mailing list simply because I cannot keep up with the deluge of mail
that arrives everyday.

Although one of the questions which probably should be part of the FAQ
is should there be any concerns in running the tests on your everyday
work machines ? I know that ideally it should be  run in  a lab but
what if you do not have acces to that sort of infrastructure ? Are
these any sort of good practises that people recommend to read through
before starting the tests ?

I was able to compile and install ltp to /opt/ltp successfully and
even run the version command, although found it a bit curious as to
why autotools is used instead of something like cmake which has more
readable human error output.

I also was wondering if there have been distributions which are either
using ltp as part of their test infrastructure or/and also building
binaries for their users .

--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल