[LTP] [COMMITTED 1/1] Replace __BEGIN_DECLS and __END_DECLS to with expanded macros

Cyril Hrubis chrubis@suse.cz
Mon Feb 12 11:47:45 CET 2018

Hi!
> > >  testcases/kernel/syscalls/epoll2/include/epoll.h |    8 +-
> > >  utils/ffsb-6.0-rc2/config.h.in                   |   49 +-
> > >  utils/ffsb-6.0-rc2/configure                     | 5937 ++++++++++------------
> >       ^
> >       This does not look like intended change, can you please revert the
> >       patch and apply clean version?
>
> > (Have you used git commit -a by mistake?)
> I'm sorry for mistake. I reverted it and commit again.

No problem at all.

> I wish there was a commit of ffsb configure files with recent/common autotools version
> as I keep reverting them often. But it's a question, what is common autotools version.

Looked shortly into the problem, it looks like the problem is Makefile
generated by automake decides to regenerate configure script because
timestamps are not preserved on git checkout and the build system thinks
that configure script is out of date since it's older than the files it
has been generated from. Looks like this is a common problem see:

https://www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/html_node/CVS.html

One of the solutions would be to regenerate the configure with
AM_MAINTAINER_MODE() which should disable the automagic regeneration.

Also side note, I've learned not to use git commit -a after one of the
screw ups or at least check the resulting patch for unintended changes.