[LTP] migrate_pages() of process with same UID in 4.15-rcX

Otto Ebeling otto.ebeling@iki.fi
Mon Mar 12 10:46:44 CET 2018

Hi,

[sorry for the even later reply]

I don't have a strong preference either way (between fs creds or real
creds), having the same behavior as proc_mem_open sounds like a sensible
option too. Whether moving pages between NUMA nodes is a read-only
(PTRACE_MODE_READ) activity is debatable, but I'm no NUMA expert.

My concern here was mainly about a) preventing layout discovery and b)
consistency between move_pages and migrate_pages.

Otto