[LTP] Want to contribute

Aditya Upadhyay aadit0402@gmail.com
Thu May 3 18:37:57 CEST 2018

On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 11:45 AM, Petr Vorel <pvorel@suse.cz> wrote:
> Hi Aditya,
>
>> Hi Developers,
>
>> This is Aditya Upadhyay, Mentor at RTEMS Organization in Google Summer
>> of Code-2018. Previously, I was a student intern at the same
>> organization.
>
>> One of the NetBSD members has suggested me to contribute to this
>> project. I have gone through the wiki page:
>> http://ltp.sourceforge.net/documentation/how-to/ltp.php#_3.1
> LTP has moved quite long time ago to git, hosted on github (including wiki):
> https://github.com/linux-test-project/ltp
> New wiki:
> https://github.com/linux-test-project/ltp/wiki

Got it. I have already gone through the git hub wiki page.
> LTP is (as the name suggests) quite the Linux kernel specific, although there are parts,
> which are POSIX related (open POSIX test suite). Do you want to work on NetBSD support for
> LTP or work generally on LTP?

Yes, I want to work on NetBSD Support for LTP. LTP is really a good platform to
 test the robustness of Linux Kernel.
Last year, I was working on POSIX Compliance as Google Summer of Code project
 and this year, I am a mentor for the same project.

>> I have no idea about finding the issue while running the test-cases.
>> At this point of time, I have no idea about fixing the issue. Would
>> you like to share any pointers regarding "How to find the issue"?
>> These are the outputs of this command: ./runltp -f syscalls -s madvise :
>
>> aditya@aditya-Lenovo-ideapad-110-15ACL:/opt/ltp$ sudo ./runltp -f
>> <<<test_output>>>
>> tst_test.c:987: INFO: Timeout per run is 0h 05m 00s
>> madvise01.c:118: PASS: madvise test for MADV_NORMAL PASSED
> PASS: test has been passed.

>> madvise01.c:110: CONF: MADV_FREE is not supported
> CONF: test has been skipped
>
> TFAIL: would mean test failed.
> See more info at:
> https://github.com/linux-test-project/ltp/wiki/GettingStarted#3-structure
>
> For contributing to LTP I recommend to read
> https://github.com/linux-test-project/ltp/wiki/C-Test-Case-Tutorial
> https://github.com/linux-test-project/ltp/wiki/Test-Writing-Guidelines

Thanks for pointing me these links. It is really helpful to me.
I would love to contribute to LTP as well as NetBSD(Open POSIX Test Suite).