[LTP] network stress route-change-if test

Alexey Kodanev alexey.kodanev@oracle.com
Fri May 11 12:02:02 CEST 2018

On 05/10/2018 07:27 PM, Petr Vorel wrote:
> Hi Alexey,

Hi Petr,

> while working on cleaning & rewriting route stress tests (testcases/network/stress/route/)
> into new API I come up again to problem that route-change-if tests require 2 local
> interfaces, which we don't support for netns. We've been discussing this some time ago
> (haven't found the post), I remember you didn't want to add support for more interfaces
> into tst_net.sh. Is that correct?

I think it would better if most of the tests could be run in parallel, so
that we could run it on different interfaces as well. That would require,
more work in the library, at least, removing 'pkill netstress', making
the tests to be self-contained. There are also other options with using
netns per test or a group of the tests.

> I don't think it's a good idea to have test which TCONF on netns, as it's the default
> setup. So I propose either of these:
> * add support for adding and removing second interfaces on netns
> in tst_net.sh (i.e. change init_ltp_netspace() allowing to add second namespace)
> * remove the test entirely.

Assuming those test are using different interfaces just to load the
machine more, the tests should be rewritten to use a single interface.