[LTP] ??? FAIL: Test report for kernel 5.3.13-cc9917b.cki (stable-queue)

Cyril Hrubis chrubis@suse.cz
Tue Dec 3 13:22:37 CET 2019

Hi!
> > We ran automated tests on a recent commit from this kernel tree:
> >
> >         Kernel repo: git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/stable-queue.git
> >              Commit: cc9917b40848 - mdio_bus: Fix init if CONFIG_RESET_CONTROLLER=n
> >
> > The results of these automated tests are provided below.
> >
> >      Overall result: FAILED (see details below)
> >               Merge: OK
> >             Compile: OK
> >               Tests: FAILED
> >
> > All kernel binaries, config files, and logs are available for download here:
> >
> >    https://artifacts.cki-project.org/pipelines/309848
> >
> > One or more kernel tests failed:
> >
> >      ppc64le:
> >       ??? LTP
>
> I see a slew of syscalls failures here for LTP:
> https://artifacts.cki-project.org/pipelines/309848/logs/ppc64le_host_1_LTP_resultoutputfile.log
> https://artifacts.cki-project.org/pipelines/309848/logs/ppc64le_host_1_LTP_syscalls.run.log

There are a few syslog failures, which does not seem to be related to
the kernel commit at all. The commit above seems to touch error handling
in a mdio bus which is used to configure network hardware. I would say
that this is connected to the rest of the unexplained failures on
ppc64le that seems to happen randomly.