[LTP] LTP realtime tests

Joerg Vehlow lkml@jv-coder.de
Fri Dec 6 07:13:29 CET 2019

Hi Petr,

we are running these tests and from what I've seen the quality is very poor.
We had to make changes to a lot of them to make them pass reliably:
most of the tests: Missing checks of return value for pthread function
and resulting deadlock
prio-wake and prio-preempt: Bound to a single cpu core
sched_football: Needs a sleep to run reliable (I send a mail some time
ago to this mailing list
regarding the validity of the test, which got forwarded to lkml by
cyril, but no reply)

Some tests do not return the correct result e.g.:
testpi-5, testpi-6, sched_jitter, gtod_latency

I haven't really looked into most of these tests.

Jörg