[LTP] LTP survey

Christian Lanig clanig@suse.de
Thu Jan 10 14:29:38 CET 2019

Hi,

thanks for your email. I have filled out the survey as good as possible.

I also agree that the MI metric might contain inaccuracy.

As an example, you might conclude that a high percentage of
comments(COM) eases maintainability and readability of code but comments
can contain exactly no semantic information at all but just increase the
visual attraction. In this case comments are counter productive,
introducing overhead that makes the code more difficult to maintain. In
the function high percentages of COM might be weakened already but it
still shows that the result is probably not very accurate.

It might be possible to use syntactic analysis when you presume that all
developers use given syntactic expressions to produce an optimally
readable and functional code. But then you also have to presume that
they have an infinite amount of time to solve the specific problem and
so on...

Regards,

Christian

--
Christian Lanig - SUSE Engineering Apprentice
SUSE Linux GmbH, Maxfeldstraße 5, D-90409 Nürnberg