[LTP] Question regarding background jobs in LTP

Cyril Hrubis chrubis@suse.cz
Mon Mar 4 14:36:09 CET 2019

Hi!
> We've tried  "#/bin/sh -x" didn't changed the output
> it hangs on the same command:
>
> mon_fsstatd 1 TPASS: 'mon_procd --version' returned '0'
> mon_fsstatd 1 TPASS: 'mon_procd -i 30' returned '0'
> mon_fsstatd 1 TBROK: test killed, timeout!
> the command which lead to the hang - is the same:
>
> mon_fsstatd_run 0 "mon_procd -a &???

Now I see the problem, you cannot pass a string to a function, execute
the variable holding the string, and expect bash to parse special
characters in the string, as it is the & is passed as a parameter to the
mon_procd instead because the string is not broken down.