[LTP] Rename tst_test_* to tst_require_*

Cyril Hrubis chrubis@suse.cz
Thu Oct 24 14:28:14 CEST 2019

Hi!
> > > If we use needs or require ? Hard question - when I search for synonyms
> > > from one or the other, I don't see a big different. Without looking on
> > > the impact, require sounds also more descriptive.
>
> > There is about thousand of uses of *NEEDS_FOO and *needs_foo in the new
> > library tests, so renaming to tst_needs_foo would be the least painful.
> +1.
>
> Sorry for starting such a big discussion just about API naming.
> I care about these things, because good docs and consistent API are less
> important than good quality code, but helps new users.
>
> Thank you for all your input, I agree with points other raised, but getting it
> right would be to intrusive change (touching every test is a bit too much).

I would like to end the bikeshedding now and also get the tests fixed so
here is the proposal. If anyone wants to send a patch that unifies the
API on tst_needs_* please do so. If no one starts at least working on
that in a week or two, let's merge this patchset. Does that sound
reasonable to everyone?