[LTP] LTP compilation broken with -fno-common

Li Wang liwang@redhat.com
Thu Apr 9 12:06:55 CEST 2020

Hi Petr,

Petr Vorel <pvorel@suse.cz> wrote:

> > I guess that we can even drop the TCID extern definition from the
> tst_test.h
> > header if the weak attribute works fine.
>
> I'd be for adding this patch (both version works), Cyril, will you send it
> to ML / push it?
>
> I'd also be for adding -fno-common to Travis after this fix.

After building LTP with CFLAGS="-fno-common" locally, I just find more
places that need to do the same improvement.

    ltp/testcases/kernel/controllers/libcontrollers/libcontrollers.h:56:
multiple definition of `num_line'
    ltp/lib/../include/tst_hugepage.h:16: multiple definition of `Hopt'

Sorry for involving the definition in tst_hugetlb.h without 'extern' issue
many hours ago. It'd be appreciated if you can fix them together in your
coming patch.

Hope this is a timely reminder in case you formatting patch V2 :).

--
Regards,
Li Wang