[LTP] Make FTP test compatible with Busybox and Dropbear.

Alexey Kodanev alexey.kodanev@oracle.com
Tue Dec 1 11:32:42 CET 2020

On 30.11.2020 22:33, Köry Maincent wrote:
> Hello,

Hi Kory,

> I am working with LTP on an embedded board.
> I would like to notice the rhost_run command does not work with Dropbear ssh
> client. I am trying to understand how tst_net work but I am a bit struggling
> with it. What is the usage of TST_USE_NETNS, and the purpose of netspace (it
> seems to be used to configure a virtual interface)?
> My aim was to make FTP test work with Dropbear and Busybox. If someone could
> point me out how to do it.

ssh is used for two host setup only, if you are running on a single
machine, it's not used at all. Instead tst_rhost_run() runs the command
in the different namespace (ltp_ns), and it is the default setup. Also, by
default, tst_net.sh creates veth pair to connect to ltp_ns and run network
tests over it.

Moreover such setup can be replaced via RHOST environment variable (two
host setup + using ssh) and ssh becomes the management link, or custom
network namespace via LTP_NETNS var. Test network parameters replaced
via IPV4{6}_LHOST/IPV4{6}_RHOST vars.