[LTP] ksm03, ksm04 testcases don't work with cgroup

Cyril Hrubis chrubis@suse.cz
Thu Feb 20 14:36:22 CET 2020

Hi!
> I am running ksm03 and kms04 on my RISC  v system wth linux 5.4.3,LTP Version: 20200120-55-g537fb6535
> with custom Yocto distro,the test is getting failed with following errors.why it is failing?
>
> root@exaleapsemi:~/pankaj_ltp/ltp/testcases/kernel/mem/ksm# ./ksm03
> tst_test.c:1215: INFO: Timeout per run is 0h 05m 00s
> safe_macros.c:167: BROK: mem.c:750: mkdir(/dev/cgroup,0777) failed: EEXIST (17)

That's more of the system problem than anything else, kernel itself does
not mount cgroups anywhere, that's usually done it the boot process and
it ends up under /sys/fs/cgroups/ on most of the recent distributions.

It looks like something has mounted cgroups over the /dev/cgroup on your
system, it's up to you to figure out why is it mounted there.