[LTP] Query: Adding support for clone3()

Viresh Kumar viresh.kumar@linaro.org
Fri Feb 28 09:14:24 CET 2020

Hey guys,

I was looking to start implementation of clone3() syscall in LTP
and am a bit confused here and need your help in doing the same.

LTP abstracts the call to clone() syscall in lib/cloner.c and the current
prototype of it looks like this.

       int clone(int (*fn)(void *), void *stack, int flags, void *arg, ...
                 /* pid_t *parent_tid, void *tls, pid_t *child_tid */ );

One of the challenges with the implementation of clone3() is that
there is no glibc wrapper available. And in case of clone() glibc
wrapper isn't ordinary as it takes care of calling fn() and handling
few stack related things, apart from calling the real syscall.

I am confused now on how should I write support for clone3().

Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.

--
viresh