[LTP] ./runltp always stop in restarting syslog daemon

Yang Xu xuyang2018.jy@cn.fujitsu.com
Thu Jan 2 02:59:10 CET 2020

Hi> Hi,
> I use ltp-full-20190930.tar.bz2  run in Ubuntu 16.04.6 LTS , the kernel
> version is 4.4.0-170-generic. My linux is using Vagrant in macOs.
> It always stop in [syslog01    0  TINFO  :  restarting syslog daemon].
> I don't know how to troubleshoot this cause. Thanks for your help.

Months ago, I met the same issue. This polkit patch(pkttyagent:
polkit-agent-helper-1 timeout leaves tty echo disable) leads service
actions(such as restart) don't stop if controlling terminal can not be
found. The service action has been executed successfully, but process
still also hangs.
polkit related issue url:
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/polkit/polkit/issues/85

fix patch url: