[LTP] Need support on host01 test command.

Köry Maincent kory.maincent@bootlin.com
Mon Nov 16 09:33:39 CET 2020

Hello Alexey,

On Fri, 13 Nov 2020 19:22:39 +0300
Alexey Kodanev <alexey.kodanev@oracle.com> wrote:

> On 13.11.2020 18:17, Köry Maincent wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am trying to update host01 test to the new API, but I got some problem
> > with that task.
> >
> > I am not a network expert and I am wondering why I got this issue:
> > # host $(hostname)
> > ;; connection timed out; no servers could be reached
> > # host localchost
> > ;; connection timed out; no servers could be reached
> >

> > I am working on an embedded board with an OpenEmbedded based distribution.
> > I may miss some network package, could you give me a hint to go further.
> >

> Hi Kory,
>
> Either you don't have /etc/resolv.conf or it is empty.

Ok, thank you for pointing me out the cause.
In fact, the file exist and is linked to /run/systemd/resolve/resolv.conf but
my issue was if nothing is plugged on the ethernet port it is not working.

Regards,

--
Köry Maincent, Bootlin
Embedded Linux and kernel engineering