[LTP] TPASS in new test lib

Cyril Hrubis chrubis@suse.cz
Thu Sep 17 10:40:39 CEST 2020

Hi!
> That's fine.  But it's probably better to avoid differences in
> test output as much as possible, when the change is so trivial.  Petr seems to think
> there was a reason that the result string was changed between the old and new C library.
> If so, what is the reason?  If the change is only cosmetic, then I'd argue it's worth
> being consistent, and I'll submit the patch properly.  (Sorry the earlier version was
> inline in the message, rather than formatted correctly.)

I do not think that there was a strong reason for the difference apart
from an attempt to make the messages easier to read for a human reader
and to make it easier to figure out what exactly happened. The format of
the output messages was changed quite a bit in order to do that.

And as I said I do not have a strong opinion here, if you think that
this is important I'm okay with the changes.