[LTP] [COMMITTED] setsockopt08: includes netinet/in.h

Richard Palethorpe rpalethorpe@suse.de
Fri Aug 6 12:52:58 CEST 2021

Hell Li,

Li Wang <liwang@redhat.com> writes:

>> > The conflict happened early in tst_test.h and I guess some header files
>> > between line#14 to line#44 probably involves <linux/if.h>, but I'm not
>> sure
>> > which one is the culprit.
>> Interesting, really something in in tst_test.h with combination of
>> lapi/ip_tables.h. This combination is only in 2 tests, setsockopt0{3,8}.c,
>> setsockopt03.c already had <netinet/in.h>.
>>

> I eventually caught that "tst_capability.h" is the key point.
> To includes <netinet/in.h> before that can avoid the conflict.
>
> But still not sure how it made things broken (i.e. where includes
>  <linux/if.h>).
>

>> > If we simply put the <netinet/in.h> at the top of tst_test.h, the
>> > conflict disappears
>> > as well.
>> > See experiment commit:
>> >
>> https://github.com/wangli5665/ltp/commit/0155df479811d9a51f30e09accb330238607f73d
>>
>> I'd be for adding it there, with comment why it's there. We can prevent
>> problems
>> with failing another test in the future. (+ remove it from both tests).
>>

> I'm OK with this fix.
>
> @Cyril, @Richard, what do you think? any other thoughts?

We need to clean up our headers, which is a bigger problem. Most tests
do not need all the stuff in tst_test.h. It is just a load of unecessary
work.

Cleaning up the headers is a big challenge. It would be easier if we
know what will break older distros. So I suggest adding something like:

#ifdef _X_H
# error "You should include X before Y ..."
#endif

to one or more headers.

Otherwise I'm fine with the above solution as a "temporary" fix.

--
Thank you,
Richard.