[LTP] [RFC] enable OOM protection for the library and test process?

Martin Doucha mdoucha@suse.cz
Mon Dec 13 17:59:05 CET 2021

On 13. 12. 21 17:15, Cyril Hrubis wrote:
> Hi!
>> I'm afraid it won't be that easy. The main cause of OOM killer going
>> postal and killing processes with tiny memory footprint is that a
>> process executing the mlock() syscall cannot be targeted by OOM killer
>> at all. That's a known issue in the kernel with no easy fix.
>
> This is only single test out of at least 10 that can trigger OOM, right?

All 5 oom* tests in the mm runfile have mlock() subtest. All of them can
end up killing the whole userspace by accident. And all of them
regularly do so in our automated test system.

--
Martin Doucha   mdoucha@suse.cz
QA Engineer for Software Maintenance