[LTP] [RFC] fs_bind rework

Joerg Vehlow lkml@jv-coder.de
Thu Jun 24 11:29:52 CEST 2021

Hi,

is there any reason, why the fs_bind suite cannot be reworked into
"real" ltp tests?
At the moment all tests from the suite are run by the wrapper script.

If I would convert them, I'd try this programmatically, because of the
huge number of tests.
1. Move stuff from test_fs_bind.sh to a library file
2. Convert all tests in fs_bind/* to ltp tests using the library and
adding them to the runtest file

This would make every single fs_bind test a single ltp test (~100).
I do not think that runtime increases significantly, because as far as I
see it from first glance, test_fs_bind.sh resets the "sandbox" used for
the tests before every test anyway.

If there is no objection, I would give converting the tests a shot.

Jörg