[LTP] [BUG] btrfs potential failure on 32 core LTP test (fallocate05)

Krzysztof Kozlowski krzysztof.kozlowski@canonical.com
Tue Jun 29 19:25:07 CEST 2021

On 29/06/2021 19:20, Josef Bacik wrote:
> On 6/29/21 1:00 PM, Krzysztof Kozlowski wrote:
>> Dear BTRFS folks,
>>
>> I am hitting a potential regression of btrfs, visible only with
>> fallocate05 test from LTP (Linux Test Project) only on 32+ core Azure
>> instances (x86_64).
>>
>> Tested:
>> v5.8 (Ubuntu with our stable patches): PASS
>> v5.11 (Ubuntu with our stable patches): FAIL
>> v5.13 mainline: FAIL
>>
>> PASS means test passes on all instances
>> FAIL means test passes on other instance types (e.g. 4 or 16 core) but
>> fails on 32 and 64 core instances (did not test higher),
>> e.g.: Standard_F32s_v2, Standard_F64s_v2, Standard_D32s_v3,
>> Standard_E32s_v3
>>
>> Reproduction steps:
>> git clone https://github.com/linux-test-project/ltp.git
>> cd ltp
>> ./build.sh && make install -j8
>> cd ../ltp-install
>> sudo ./runltp -f syscalls -s fallocate05
>>

> This thing keeps trying to test ext2, how do I make it only test btrfs?  Thanks,

It tests all available file systems, just wait till it gets to btrfs. I
don't know how to limit it only to one file system.

Best regards,
Krzysztof