[LTP] syscalls/mallinfo01 test is broken

xuyang2018.jy@fujitsu.com xuyang2018.jy@fujitsu.com
Thu May 13 04:27:40 CEST 2021

Hi Cyril, Martin
> Hi!
>> the mallinfo01 test is failing on some of our test machines because it
>> makes wrong assumptions about how malloc() and free() will change the
>> number of free chunks (ordblks). I recommend we remove the test from
>> runfiles before the upcoming release and fix it later because part of
>> the test scenario needs major redesign.
>
> I've started some pre-release testruns and I've seen some failures as
> well. I guess that removing it from runtest file and fixing it after
> release sounds sane at this point.
This case fails because malloc uses fastbin blocks.
So the fix has two ways
1) disable fastbin by using mallopt(M_MXFAST, 0)
2) use another mallinfo struct info3 to get free chunks, so compare
info3 and info2 ordblks member.

Best Regards
Yang Xu