[LTP] Requested user & group [was: Re: [linux-test-project/ltp] Release 20210927 - LTP 20210927]

Petr Vorel petr.vorel@gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 20:02:31 CEST 2021

> On Wed, Sep 29, 2021 at 1:12 AM Petr Vorel <pvorel@suse.cz> wrote:

> > Hi,

> > from 20210927 LTP release:
> > > * Testcases were fixed not to expect certain users and groups to be
> > present on the system
> > >   - some tests were expecting bin, daemon and similar groups and users
> > to exist on the system
> > >   - now LTP depends only on user 'nobody' and group 'nogroup'

> > At least some tests (e.g. fchmod02.c, chmod07.c) require other groups
> > ('users',
> > fallback to 'daemon' which is on AOSP):
> > ltpgroup = SAFE_GETGRNAM_FALLBACK("users", "daemon");

> > @Sandeep: is 'nobody' on AOSP or do we still need SAFE_GETGRNAM_FALLBACK()?

> AID_NOBODY seems to be part of the AOSP already[1], so I think that might
> work.
> I dont have a way to test this immediately right now, so adding others who
> may be able
> to verify in CC.

I'm sorry, I was wrong, I meant GID "nogroup". Looking into the source, there is
no "AID_NOGROUP", thus we need to keep using GID "daemon" for AOSP instead
"nogroup". IMHO instead SAFE_GETGRNAM_FALLBACK() this should be set somewhere in
the library, so that it's for all tests.

Kind regards,
Petr