[LTP] LTP: smoketest: route4-change-dst fails intermittently

Petr Vorel pvorel@suse.cz
Mon Sep 13 15:14:54 CEST 2021

> On 03.09.2021 09:33, Naresh Kamboju wrote:
> > LTP smoketest  "route4-change-dst" fails intermittently on various
> > devices and qemu.
> > We do not want any intermittent failures on LTP smoketest.
> > Shall i send a patch to delete this test case from runtest/smoketest ?

> route4-change-dst is a stress test, perhaps replacing it with more
> simple like ping01.sh or ping02.sh that still triggers LTP/tst_net
> library check?
I overlooked your suggestion. OK, I'll merge replacing route4-change-dst with
ping02.sh -6.

> BTW, such tests may overlap with existed network setup on a test
> machine, by default they are using 10.0.0.0/24. Changing defaults
> is done via IPV4_LHOST and IPV4_RHOST environment variables.
I wonder if using IPV4_NET16_UNUSED and IPV6_NET32_UNUSED would help. Unless we
create a detection of whether they're actually unused (not sure even how to
implement nmap like search which would be fast enough) there still can be a
collision. But at least the addresses ranges in *UNUSED are less common.

Kind regards,
Petr