[LTP] About those realtime tests.

Cyril Hrubis chrubis@suse.cz
Wed Dec 7 17:15:36 CET 2022

Hi!
> Green hand here to ask a question about thost realtime tests, I mean, tests
> under this folder:
>
> /opt/ltp/testcases/realtime/func
>
> I surely knew that those tests could be started with 'run_auto.sh', and
> most of them provide reports with PASS or FAIL.
>
> The question for me is that is it possible to use the script file 'runltp'
> to start those tests?
>
> I have read the doc ltp-run-files.txt but I did not quite get to it.
>
> Any guidance is appreciated!

I do not think that writing realtime tests runtest file is an easy task.

First of all there is a profile/default that has harcoded constants that
worked once for someone running the testsuite, but that is supposed to
be tweaked. There are no good values for these constants, these have to
be tailored to a machine and usecase. Moreover some of these tests does
not even interpret the results and just return measurements, these can't
be integrated into a runtest file at all.

Secondly runtest files are suppose to have one test per entry, so you
would have to pick up how binaries are executed in run_auto.sh files in
the func/*/ directories and use the default values from the default
profile in the cases. And that only works for the subset of tests that
does report pass/fail status in the exit value.