[LTP] msgstress03: "Fork failed (may be OK if under stress)" problem observed on qemu.

Cyril Hrubis chrubis@suse.cz
Fri Jan 21 10:11:38 CET 2022

> The reason why other test-cases like msgstress04 dont fail is because
> the nprocs value is set with a different calculation.
> Specifically, I observe that the msgstress04 testcase uses only
> free_pids / 2 pids instead of the full free_pids number of processes.
>
> Can someone confirm my findings ? If needed I can also send out a
> patch with my above nprocs/2 changes if required.
> Or, if there is any better fix or opinion kindly reply back to us.

Actually these test are broken much more than this, they need to be
redesigned and rewritten properly. There is even a work-in-progress
patchset, but unfortunatelly it wasn't updated for nearly a year, see:

https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/ltp/list/?series=233661

https://github.com/linux-test-project/ltp/issues/509