[LTP] Do we have some simple way to get the current cgroup.procs path?

Richard Palethorpe rpalethorpe@suse.de
Mon Jul 18 11:33:20 CEST 2022

Hello,

"xuyang2018.jy@fujitsu.com" <xuyang2018.jy@fujitsu.com> writes:

> Hi Li
>> Hi Xu,
>>
>> On Thu, Jul 14, 2022 at 2:02 PM xuyang2018.jy@fujitsu.com
>> <mailto:xuyang2018.jy@fujitsu.com> <xuyang2018.jy@fujitsu.com
>> <mailto:xuyang2018.jy@fujitsu.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     Hi Richard, LI
>>
>>     I am writting a simple regression test[1]that refer to kernel
>>     selftest cgroup test_core[2]. I may name it as memcontrol05.c.
>>
>>     It tests cgroup migration permission check should be performed based
>>     on the credentials at the time of open instead of write.
>>
>>     I have used ltp cgroup framework, but ltp cgroup only use
>>     SAFE_CGROUP_PRINTF to write value.
>>
>>     How can get the cgroup root_dir ltp_dir path? So I can open this fd
>>     and change/save effective uid between open and write?
>>
>> Not sure if I fully understand your requirements.
>> Can we achieve this test by creating a two-layer subdirectory?
>
> I think yes.

I think you must have multiple layers. Otherwise you could break other
tests running in parallel.

>> Does only the root/ltp_dir mandatory for completing your test?
>
> It also need gettid subdirectory and cgroup name.

You could create an accessor function in the library to get dir_fd from
cgroup_dir.

This is complicated by V1 CGs where a tst_cg_group can have multiple
struct cgroup_dir's. This isn't a problem for selftests because they
only support V2, but it would be nice to make as many tests as possible
work with V1.

The easiest solution I can think of is to write a library function like
SAFE_CG_GROUP_EACH_DIR(void (*const fn_ptr)(int dir_fd)) which takes a
const function pointer and executes it with the FD of each
directory. Then you can use the internal for_each_dir macro like
SAFE_CGROUP_PRINTF.

--
Thank you,
Richard.