[LTP] [Automated-testing] [RFC] Include runltp-ng (runltp successor) into LTP git

Petr Vorel pvorel@suse.cz
Fri Nov 18 20:54:26 CET 2022

Hi Tim,

> Just one quick bit of feedback...

We support versions from 3.6 to 3.11.
We didn't want to maintain anything older.

> Is there something specifically in Python 3.6 that is required for runltp-ng?
> Could it be avoided so that runltp-ng could be backward compatible with
> older interpreters?
Andrea will give more info, there was some limitations.

FYI runltp-ng allows you to connect over SSH (i.e. running on newer host) or
test qcow image started with QEMU. We are also thinking about supporting rootfs
+ separate kernel (output of https://buildroot.org/). Not sure if this helps
you.

We actually try to encourage people to not run runltp-ng on SUT, running from
host will allow more control in case of crashed system by test.

Kind regards,
Petr