[LTP] September LTP release

Li Wang liwang@redhat.com
Fri Sep 9 12:39:34 CEST 2022

On Fri, Sep 9, 2022 at 4:47 PM Cyril Hrubis <chrubis@suse.cz> wrote:

> Hi!
> It's time to start working on LTP September relelase.
>
> First of all I'm thinking of increasing the bus factor for LTP so if
> there is anyone who wants to drive the release process instead of me
> please sign up ASAP. I will of course review patches and help with the
> release, but it would nice if someone else tried to do all the little
> things for release as sending emails, deciding what should go to release
> after freeze, preparing release notes, uploading tarballs on github,
> etc.

Maye split this work into pieces? something like:
    - announcement email,
    - collecting patch lists for a new release,
    - writing release notes, or paperwork,
    - uploading tarballs
    - pre-testing against different Linux distribution

You can still send the announcement email, and other volunteers do the rest.
(if applicable, I can take patch reviews or upload tarballs work)

Btw, I'll also cover the full pre-test against the RHEL series before
release.

> And in order not to delay things further, please start pointing out
> patches that should go in before the release. I guess Martin runtime
> fixes should go in. Anything else?

The "Track minimal size per filesystem" from Petr should be included as
well.
(I guess it is still WIP)

--
Regards,