[LTP] [REGRESSION] lkft ltp for cea142b

Cyril Hrubis chrubis@suse.cz
Mon Sep 19 10:50:30 CEST 2022

Hi!
> Separate timeouts for setup/cleanup will break the integrity of
> setting functions, my concern is that if tst_pollute_memory stopped
> in uncompleted, the main test part is meaningless, right?
>
> Or, I may misunderstand you here.

The more we pollute the higher probability is that we hit a piece of
memory that contains non-zero bytes. That's why Martin is reluctant to
stop polluting memory prematurelly.

And separating the timeout for setup/cleanup is of-course only part of
the solution. We can make the test setup smarter by measuring the
pollution speed and aborting early if it's too slow too, but let's
discuss that once we are done with the release.