[LTP] September LTP release

Li Wang liwang@redhat.com
Mon Sep 26 12:13:09 CEST 2022

On Mon, Sep 26, 2022 at 5:56 PM Cyril Hrubis <chrubis@suse.cz> wrote:

> Hi!
> > Well, if more than three people are involved in the release work,
> > I think that the release workflow should be arranged in time order,
> > otherwise, we're easily going to fall into chaos. e.g.
> >
> > Assumption work starting from the second week of the release month:
> >
> > 1. Collecting the patch list for a new release, like this email does
> (Cyril)
> >
> > 2. Reviewing and merging the patch list of step1 (All maintainers,
> > LTP-users)
> >
> > 3. Pre-release widely testing, we need to explicitly post results in
> step1
> > email (Petr, Li Wang)
> >
> > 4. Tiny fix according to pre-release testing result (All maintainers,
> users)
> >
> > 5. Writing release note (Cyril)
> >
> > 6. Uploading tarballs (Petr)
> >
> > 7. Announcement email of LTP release (Cyril)
>
> Lets move on with the plannig, I would say that we are done with step 2.
> and we should move to step 3.
>
> Also I would go for a release date at the end of the month that is 30.9.

Sounds good to me. Thanks!

> Does everyone agree?

I agree, and the more test the better.

I'd test on RHEL8, RHEL9, RHEL9 + mainline-kernel-6.0-rc7,
and will post the results here if anything needs improvement.

P.s. actually I already did some pre-test last week, and let's
see how today's new merge patches performing.

--
Regards,
Li Wang