[LTP] LTP: list of failures on 32bit and compat mode

Arnd Bergmann arnd@arndb.de
Thu Apr 6 15:21:26 CEST 2023

On Thu, Apr 6, 2023, at 15:17, Petr Vorel wrote:

> Thanks! I've just searched in musl as well, because it didn't make sense to me
> it'd be a code for LTP.
>
> "to catch the fault on ltp" I wonder if it's not actually musl bug.

No, musl is fine here. The problem is that ltp passes an invalid pointer,
expecting to get -EFAULT from the kernel when that faults in
copy_to_user().

There is nothing wrong with musl sanitizing the data behind that
pointer, but then you get a signal instead of the EFAULT error.

     Arnd