[LTP] LTP release preparations

Petr Vorel pvorel@suse.cz
Wed May 3 14:56:43 CEST 2023

Hi Cyril, all,

> Hi!
> > * IMHO Martin's KVM patchset should be merged
> > https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/ltp/list/?series=351921&state=*

> Feel free to merge with my ack as long as it passes basic testsing.

I merged the first four patches, but the final patch (the test itself) has
warnings. I hope they are trivial enough to be fixed so that we can merge it.

https://lore.kernel.org/ltp/20230503124240.GA3738345@pevik/

> > * nfslock01.sh: Don't test on NFS v3 on TCP
> > https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/ltp/patch/20230502075921.3614794-1-pvorel@suse.cz/
> > => IMHO should go in to increase NFS tests stability

> The discussion around it sounds like this is a kernel problem after all.

Yes (kernel and rpcbind). I'd be for merging it, at least until the fix is
released and we can give hints for update. Will you please post your ack to the
patch?

> > * NFS: test on all filesystems
> > https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/ltp/list/?series=352840&state=*

> This is rather big change, is this important enough to get it in just
> before the git freeze?

Neil Brown asked me to cover more underlaying filesystems in NFS testing.
I'm about to send new version, which increases timeouts a bit.
I did test it quite a lot (and will do some more tests today) and believe I'd be
able to fix potential problems before release. I started to work on
TST_ALL_FILESYSTEMS for shell API a year ago, it got merged in September.
That's quite long time for quite simple change, that's why I'm a bit impatient
to postpone it yet for another release.

Kind regards,
Petr