[LTP] LTP release preparations

Cyril Hrubis chrubis@suse.cz
Tue May 9 11:29:10 CEST 2023

Hi!
> > More widely LTP pre-release test will be deployed base on RHEL products
> > as well.
> >

> I have completed the LTP pre-release test against RHEL 8 and 9,
> all looks good except one test warning as below, but I suppose
> it's a tiny problem caused by the ppc64le configuration.
>
> This only observed on ppc64le arch:
>
> 3 cmdline="hugemmap32"
>
>      4	contacts=""
>      5	analysis=exit
>      6	<<<test_output>>>
>      7	tst_test.c:1558: TINFO: Timeout per run is 0h 01m 00s
>      8	hugemmap32.c:34: TWARN: Failed to close FILE
> '/sys/kernel/mm/hugepages/hugepages-16777216kB/nr_hugepages'
>      9	hugemmap32.c:35: TCONF: Can't update the gigantic hugepages.
>
> 10 hugemmap32.c:69: TWARN: Failed to close FILE
> '/sys/kernel/mm/hugepages/hugepages-16777216kB/nr_hugepages': EINVAL (22)

Looking at the file_printf() the test uses it does produce a warning
when we fail to write to the file.

Also we seems to be using FILE_PRINTF() exactly in these tests:

testcases/kernel/device-drivers/cpufreq/cpufreq_boost.c
testcases/kernel/mem/hugetlb/hugemmap/hugemmap32.c
testcases/kernel/mem/hugetlb/hugeshmget/hugeshmget03.c
testcases/kernel/syscalls/fcntl/fcntl33.c
testcases/kernel/syscalls/readahead/readahead02.c

In three cases we use the FILE_PRINTF() in the test cleanup, which does
not matter, since we do not break test on TBROK when we run in the test
cleanup.

That leaves us just hugemmap32 and readahead02 in both cases I think
that generating TWARN in just plain wrong.

So what about:

* changing FILE_PRINTF() to SAFE_FILE_PRINTF() in test cleanup
* changing TWARN to TINFO in FILE_PRINTF()

I guess that we should have been using TINFO in the file_fprintf() from
the start.