[LTP] LTP release preparations

Martin Doucha mdoucha@suse.cz
Wed May 10 14:59:46 CEST 2023

On 26. 04. 23 11:17, Cyril Hrubis wrote:
> Hi!
> I would like to start with LTP pre-release preparations a bit sooner
> than usuall, since quite a lot of things have accumulated in May, e.g.
> there is a SUSE Labs conference right in the middle of the month.
>
> I would like to start with reviewe of patches that should go in now,
> freeze the git somewhere at the end of the first week of May and aim for
> a release somewhere in the middle of the month. Does that sound Ok to
> everyone?
>
> Either way if you have patches that should land in the upcomming
> release, please point them out now, so that we have a chance to review
> them.

Hi,
I've sent two patches fixing new failures in the rewritten
kernel/containers tests. The failures are caused by getpid() return
value being cached in older glibc versions because child processes
created by SAFE_CLONE() cannot update the PID cache. Thus getpid() will
keep returning the parent PID instead of the correct one. Newer glibc
versions are not affected.

The patches:
- Add tst_getpid() helper function
- containers/pidns*: Fix PID checks