[LTP] LTP release preparations

Petr Vorel pvorel@suse.cz
Wed May 10 15:03:47 CEST 2023

Hi Cyril, Li, others,

I see we're still discussing hugemmap test issues with FILE_PRINTF().
Do we want to solve these before release?

Because if we want to release on Friday, we should start writing release notes
and announcement. We're on a LABS conference next week. But not sure if it's a
good idea to postpone (Cyril is and will be even more busy, I'll be away for few
weeks before the end of the month).

>From the list we agreed previously [1]:

    - announcement email,
    - collecting patch lists for a new release,
    - writing release notes, or paperwork,
	- new release commit and tag and create release in github from it (not in [1], but obvious)
    - uploading tarballs
    - pre-testing against different Linux distribution

I'll can do, what I did previously:
	- new release commit and tag and create release in github from it
    - uploading tarballs
	- release notes for shell API (mostly network shell API)

It'd be big help if Cyril managed to do release notes and the announcement.

Kind regards,
Petr

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/ltp/CAEemH2eSJQ-_30_Y3A567oqBFSOo=1tt7LJMtPq_BodjVNsm8w@mail.gmail.com/