[Fwd: Re: Articolo su Archeologia e Open Source]

M. Fioretti mfioretti@mclink.it
Sat Jun 3 15:43:54 CEST 2006

On Thu, Jun 01, 2006 18:22:40 PM +0200, Roberto Bagnara
(bagnara@cs.unipr.it) wrote:

> M. Fioretti wrote:
> >Note to R. Bagnara, since I can't write to him directly: your mail
> >server or filters are rejecting my messages because of some spamcop
> >rules...
[...]
> Dear Marco,
>
> you are making a couple of wrong assumptions:
>
> 1) That the fact that SpamCop (http://www.spamcop.net/) is rejecting your
>    mail implies a negative judgment on you or on your provider.

The rejection message contained the info "Spam blocked
see:http://spamcop.net/bl.shtml?195.110.128.94" an URL explaining that
that smtp server had been listed for any of several "spammish"
symptoms (now it has been delisted). That _is_ a negative judgment,
albeit temporary.

> 2) That SpamCop "knows" to whom I have sent mail earlier.

I never thought or expected that Spamcop should know this. I was
referring to your MDA, meaning that it should be configured to "ask"
to spamcop only for messages which aren't replies to something/someone
you already knew. Sorry if I didn't make myself clear.

No big deal, however.

Ciao,
	Marco

--
Marco Fioretti                    mfioretti, at the server mclink.it
Fedora Core 5 for low memory      http://www.rule-project.org/

People often find it easier to be a result of the past than a cause of
the future.