Raw Data Now!

mhall@berkeley.edu mhall@berkeley.edu
Thu Mar 19 21:04:17 CET 2009

Subject: Re: Raw Data Now!
From:    mhall@berkeley.edu
Date:    Thu, March 19, 2009 1:03 pm
To:      "Stefano Costa" <steko@iosa.it>

> Il giorno mer, 18/03/2009 alle 20.50 +0100, Roberto Bagnara ha scritto:
>>
>> Including archeological data, of course:
>>

>> http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/tim_berners_lee_on_the_next_web.html
>
> ... and it's not a mere coincidence that these days we hear lots of
> people talking about open access to archaeological literature and data:
> http://www.earlham.edu/~peters/fos/2009/03/oa-archaeology-and-plos.html
>
> Cheers,
> Steko

Part of the problem I think for archaeologists with the open access model
is the page fees--I've yet to see where any of the free, open-source,
on-line
journals will waive them.

Even when I was employed with a university, they made it clear to me, page
fees came out of my grant/pocket.

Best, Mark Hall