latex in Archeos - JabRef and OpenOffice

Ricardo Gaidão caioviator@yahoo.com.br
Sat Jan 8 20:28:15 CET 2011

Apparently OpenOffice can import JabRef references. Check:

Using JabRef bibliographies in OpenOffice.org:

http://jabref.sourceforge.net/help/OpenOfficeHelp.php

JabRef also support advanced import/export options, making it compatible with other simmilar software, like Bibus. Check:

Bibus and Jabref:

http://bibus-biblio.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Bibus_and_Jabref

http://bibus-biblio.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page#Using_Bibus_with_Other_Bibliographical_Software

If you already paid for a commercial Windows based application you can always try to run it using Wine:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wine_%28software%29

**********************

Marcus Schneider said:

Hello all,
some remarks of a "user" :

I know lot's of you are using latex.
For this jabref is certainly fine; but for the other hand is there
open/libre office support also ?

To Zotero,
very fine, I am using it since a while; very fine is the synchronicing tool,
where you are not obliged to use the zotero server; you can use any server
conected to the i-net (p.ex. your NAS).
So in this way it is much better then for expl. Mendeley-Desktop; here sync.
is possible only via the Mendeley-Sever an their you need to buy webspace.
One problem with zotero; if the libraries are beginningn to become big (+
1000 references) it will become very slow; sync. will last for ever; and you
better use another navigateur for browsing ("chrome" ;-(.

I personaly have not found my perfect literatur reference tool, which runs
on linux.
On windows I used for a long time "literat" and than "citavi(= yet, another
commercial software, I know)

greatings
and Happy new Year

that OpenSource will progress