binary packaging

Luca Bezzi luca.bezzi@arc-team.com
Tue Dec 23 18:06:26 CET 2014

Hi,
I was thinking, to speed up the final release of ArcheOS 5, to go on
with binary packaging for the software that is missing. This year me and
Ale had to work on the field untill now, but we should have more free
time form now on and we could proceed with binary packaging, waiting to
learn better source packaging. We could consider just 64 bit (we have no
chance to test 32 bit packages). In this way we could release a first
version with many source packages (the ones Romain did) and (for the
rest) binary packages. We could optimize everything later. What do you
think about it?