freebsd error

Mauro Barattin mbarattin@mambatech.it
Ven 24 Set 2004 14:05:06 CEST

Alle 13:04, venerd́ 24 settembre 2004, sonny ha scritto:
> ho installato kde, sono entrato nel sottomenu di configurazione di x86
> server e x86 desktop e al riavvio il risultato e questo:
>
> (EE) unable to locate/open conf file
> (EE) errror from xf86 hand le configFile

Ma sei sicuro di aver installato xorg?

Dal URL
http://freedesktop.org/bin/view/XOrg/FAQErrorMessages#Message_Unable_to_locate_open_co

Message: "Unable to locate/open config file"

You are getting the message:
(EE) Unable to locate/open config file
(EE) Error from xf86HandleConfigFile()

This means that the Xserver cannot find a configuration file because it has
not been properly configured. Please check FAQMiscellaneous for information
how to configure your Xserver.
 Another reason for this error may be that you have created a configuration
file but it is not in the correct location. The Xserver checks for
configuration files at different locations. The usual locations
are: /etc/X11/xorg.conf or /etc/X11/XF86Config-4.
 Another reason for this message may be that your Xserver cannot read the file
because the server binary has the wrong permission. On UN*X like systems the
server is usually owned by root and runs with the SUID bit set so that it
runs with root privileges even if started by an ordinary user. Therefore it
should be able to open the configuration file regardless of who owns it or of
its permissions. Please check "How do I check if my server bianry has the
correct permissions?" on the FAQMiscellaneous page for futher information

Message: "Error from xf86HandleConfigFile()"

You are getting the message:
(EE) Unable to locate /open config file
(EE) Error from xf86HandleConfigFile()

Fatal server error

no screens found

This indicates that you have a problem with your config file. It either
doesn't exist, in which case you'll additionally see the message:
(EE) Unable to locate /etc/X11/xorg.conf config file

or your config file contains a typo. In this case you see the message:
(EE) Problem parsing the config file

You are even told where the error was:
Parse error on line 3 of section ServerLayout in file /etc/X11/xorg.conf
        "Idntifier" is not a valid keyword in this section.

You can then either correct the config file or regenerate the config file. How
to do this is described here.

ciao,
Mauro