[LTP] [RFC] LTP open monthly meeting

Li Wang liwang@redhat.com
Fri Oct 20 05:04:55 CEST 2023

On Thu, Oct 19, 2023 at 6:02 PM Richard Palethorpe <rpalethorpe@suse.de>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I propose a meeting once a month to discuss non-technical things such as
> patch review policy, overall direction and bike shed discussions. Anyone
> is welcome who is interested in that.
>
> Originally I thought just to include myself and some SUSE colleagues in
> an ad-hoc meeting to deal with Reviewed-by tag delegation. However I
> think the real problem is we have no LTP meeting in which to discuss
> these things and chat. The ML is not adequate for this IMO.
>
> For me any time and day would be fine excluding 22:00 to 09:00
> UTC/GMT. Probably Monday to Friday would be best for most.

+1

For me is (UTC + 8:00) available, I think it should be fine,
I always meet with European colleagues online. But I would
mark that as optional to me, to avoid conflict with other activities.

Btw, should we create a channel to talk in type first?

I have dropped use IRC for a period of time, maybe a channel
with chat history would be better. e.g. Slack or googlechat.

> The agenda for the first meeting would be to discuss how to deal with
> the situation where someone reviews the V1 of a patch, but does not add
> their Reviewed-by tag in subsequent versions.
>
> After that just introductions, questions and anything someone would like
> to bring up.
>
> --
> Thank you,
> Richard.