[LTP] LTP Release preparations

Petr Vorel pvorel@suse.cz
Fri Sep 15 14:03:47 CEST 2023

Hi Cyril, all,

> > Hi!
> > As usuall we are supposed the release LTP at the end of the month. In
> > order to get at least two weeks of pre-release testing I would like to
> > freeze the git starting next week. I will try to review and merge as
> > much as possible till the end of this week. If there is anything that
> > you think should go into the release let me know so that I can have a
> > look.

I also wonder if we could add LTP version patchset [1].

Cyril raised concern to add -V (not sure why, maybe not to took -V for program
specific getopt), instead he suggested to put this to -h or to both. [2]

As I stated [3], I'm ok with both options. Unless anybody gives any input I'll
send a patch which implements printing version in -h (i.e. not introduce -V).

Kind regards,
Petr

[1] https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/ltp/list/?series=364651&state=*
[2] https://lore.kernel.org/ltp/ZL-5kfsRIzh1ZkNd@yuki/