[LTP] New LTP documentation!

Li Wang liwang@redhat.com
Thu Apr 11 11:00:59 CEST 2024

Hi Petr,

On Wed, Apr 10, 2024 at 6:12 PM Petr Vorel <pvorel@suse.cz> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> > Hi Andrea,
>
> > On Mon, Mar 18, 2024 at 8:41 PM Andrea Cervesato via ltp <
> ltp@lists.linux.it>
> > wrote:
>
> > > Hello everyone,
>
> > > as already mentioned in the monthly LTP meeting, Linux Test Project
> > > lacks of a nice and clean documentation that can be easily accessed by
> > > users, developers and maintainers.
> > > The current LTP documentation is also not matching with our expectancy
> > > towards the entire project, which is has been heavily refactored and it
> > > has changed in the past years, providing a higher quality code and new
> > > testing features.
>
> > > For this reasons, we think it's time to move forward and to start
> > > working on documentation, helping people to use, to develop and to
> > > maintain LTP in an easier way, increasing quality of the overall
> project
> > > and to call more developers in the community.
>
> > > I started to work on documentation refactoring, re-organizing the
> > > overall structure. The first prototype can be found here:
>
> > > https://ltp-acerv.readthedocs.io/en/latest/index.html
>

> > Looks great! Thanks for bringing this.
>
> > And I just tried that the latest LTP compiled & executed succeed on
> > RHEL-7.9.
> > Can you update the "Oldest tested distributions" [1] part by adding:
>
> >   RHEL-7.9 Maipo (Distro)  3.10 (kernel)  4.8.5(gcc)  2.17(glibc)
> -(clang)
>
> Although in the original docs, the table was not under section "Build
> testing
> with GitHub Actions", I assumed it's clear we talk about GitHub Actions
> testing.
> That's why I put there only distros we actually have in
> .github/workflows/ci.yml
> and not e.g. SLE12-SP2 which we test with latest LTP release.
>
> I actually find useful to stand which distros we test privately, but this
> info
> should be obvious (either add a column "CI", where would be "GitHub
> Actions" or
> "RHEL private CI" or whatever.
>

> @Li Andrea put there as new info: "Minimal supported kernel version is
> 3.10."
> which is not in old docs. Do you really test RHEL-7.9 (3.10 based) with the
> latest LTP release?

Yes, I did but only checked on RHEL-7.9 with x86_64 and s390x
(compile & execution well) last time.

After rebuilding the latest branch on all arches, I found the rest
arches have
problems in compiling (forgive me careless last time).

Now I am hesitant to fix the error or raise the baseline to RHEL8.3.
(I talked to colleagues and got to know they always chose to use fixed
versions of LTP when <=RHEL8.2).

---------------------
# 3.10.0-1136.el7.ppc64le

# glibc-2.17-316.el7.ppc64le

In file included from /usr/include/termios.h:40:0,
                 from /usr/include/bits/ioctl-types.h:5,
                 from /usr/include/sys/ioctl.h:29,
                 from ../../../../include/lapi/ioctl.h:11,
                 from ioctl02.c:31:
/usr/include/bits/termios.h:33:8: error: redefinition of ‘struct termios’
 struct termios {
        ^
In file included from ioctl02.c:29:0:
/usr/include/asm/termbits.h:22:8: note: originally defined here
 struct termios {
        ^

--
Regards,