Packages

Alessandro Bezzi alessandro.bezzi@arc-team.com
Tue Nov 3 12:02:15 CET 2009

Hi all,
I agree with the consideration about how to manage the packages of the
new version of ArcheOS.
About the collaboration with Myosotis team, we can start linking their
website on the ArcheOS wiki (www.archeos.eu). Of course we can
collaborate in packaging the software.
Actually I think it is too early to think about a merging of the two
projects. Anyway we can start to discuss about  3D modeling and
rendering, that is of course a part of the packages included in ArcheOS
(especially for Blender, MakeHuman, etc...) and about  other 3D
techniques  (3D photogrammetry, laserscanning, single view
reconstruction, SFM, etc...) or about the different ways to share
reconstructed object (as well as the scanned object) through internet
(WRML, panoramic 2D, etc...), or through digital documents (PDF).
Another interesting argument would be 3D visualization systems inside
GIS, or (better) voxel graphic.

Cheers,

Luca and Ale